Alzheimer’s Association Lebanon was founded in 2003 as a non-profit organization with the mission of improving the quality of life for people with dementia and their caretakers and with the primary objective of raising public awareness throughout Lebanon and the Middle East.
This video was made by Fine Line Production as a reportage about Alzheimer Lebanon Association’s participation in Beirut Marathon 2017.
Client: Alzheimer’s Association Lebanon
Camera Operators: Hasan Salame, Yousif Salame, Kamella Lakkis, Shadi Salame
Directed & Edited by: Yousif A. Salame
Creative Director: Ilat Knazyeh
Production Manager: Said Halawi
To raise social and individual public awareness to support people with dementia and their caregivers though care services, support group meetings, dissemination of information, training, capacity building workshops and advocating public health policies .
Studies show there are about 30 000 Alzheimer’s disease cases in Lebanon upon which AAL has set its two-fold vision:
1 – Reaching out to more families to help provide a better quality of life to patients and their carers.
2 – Help in building a professional infrastructure for the support and care through insuring better knowledge about the disease and breaking the taboo around it.
Alzheimer’s Association Targets
• Raise Awareness on Alzheimer’s disease and its management.
• Promote the rights of Alzheimer’s patients.
• Highlight the important role of family caregivers in alleviating the disease.
• Provide ways to reach the best social and health care.
• Support the patient throughout his Alzheimer’s journey.
• Enhance public health standards for Alzheimer’s patients to avoid complications.
• Support Alzheimer’s caregivers in their journey of care.